lördag 5 juli 2014

Thank you Altra...

Never ever would I have guessed that there would come a shoe on the market one day, that would make it all fall into place!
And never would I have imagined them looking like these.....

I am a fairly openminded person, interested in new approaches to things, but almost always sticking stubbornly to my old stuff just 'cause. 
(Ask my fantastically innovative husband with his invincible drive to always find a way to improve everything, in his opinion The world would stop turning if people like me were in charge..)

But here I am!!!! For the first time ever, did I go straight to the trash can with what I had thought was great...

I got a pair of Altra's One2 roadshoes (#altrarunning) in the mail the other day. Goofy looking and not my color. Hm. Maybe I'll go out in the dark one night and see if they really are what above mentioned husband was raving about.

Well, every parent knows that one will never get to pick the perfect time for some quality "me time" and the other day after a couple of hours in the hot sun on the beach, after no lunch and with some lingering muscle soreness, I was hit with an unexpected hour!!!
 
Sooo, not much to do but lace'em up and go for a quickie around our 3click block.
Just to not over do it the first time, as they are the first zerodrop shoes I've run in. 

WELL, well, WELL!!! Never expected what happened next!

Felt like running on clouds, my stride just fell in to place naturally, without my forever aching hamstring & bunion.
I felt light and super fast!

In fact, I was super fast! Beat a 15 year old PB with 1 beautiful second on what turned in to 10k instead of 3!

Without even trying!!!!

I am humbled and happy! And without pain or soreness...

 
 So thank u again Altra! 

(Do want to add though, that the sizes are a bit small, if any of you are thinking of shopping. 
Make sure to measure your foot to get the right fit).

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar